Cambodian Stuffed Pumpkin
1 small pumpkin, 5 egg yolks, 3/4 cup palm sugar, 2 cups coconut cream1
1. Cut the top off the pumpkin, and place the pumpkin in a steamer or on a rack in a large pot with a small amount of water just simmering, then seal the pot and steam the pumpkin for an hour (you need the flesh to be soft enough to spoon out of the pumpkin).
2. Spoon out flesh when pumpkin is ready.
3. Whisk the egg yolks with the palm sugar.
4. Bring the coconut cream to a slow and gentle boil, remove from the heat and stir, not whisk, into the egg mixture.
5. Pour into the pumpkin and bake in the oven for 25mins at 350° F.
6. Custard will set in the pumpkin.
7. Leave to cool.
8. To serve slice the pumpkin like you would cutting a cake.
9. Perfect with chocolate sauce or vanilla ice cream.